Pages

Monday 8 July 2013

Fact and Opinion writing- My neighbourhood


WALT understand the difference between fact and opinion.

Write two informative pieces about your neighbourhood (Panmure, Glen Innes, Point England etc).  In the first box, use opinions to guide your writing.  In the second box, use facts.  The two should both ‘sound formal.’


Opinion

I live in the closest suburb to Pt. England which is glen innes but some people like to call it G.I
It is a friendly place because everybody smiles at you as you walk past. And also the shopkeepers talk to you as you are trying to decide what to buy.

G.I is a good community because they hold fun parades and events for children and adults.   





Fact

97 percent of the people that live in my neighbourhood are Pacific Islanders.
Many people visit G.I because of the nice food. G.I was the first place in auckland to have Carls Jr which is a delicious take away place that many people like to eat.








No comments:

Post a Comment