Pages

Wednesday 1 June 2011

Maori Village Description.

You won’t believe what I have just seen.

As my eyes opened I saw that I was finally here. I opened up the door to the time machine. I stepped out to a muddy ground that surrounded my new flashy boots, I could not stand it.

The houses were made out of wood and the clothes of the people were dirty which blended in with the ground. Although, some were plain white and clean. Maraes were huge with carvings that the ancestors carved. It looked so life like.The marae was full of young handsome boys doing the haka and young gorgeous girls waving their home made poi.

The wind was whispering to me as if it were alive. I could hear the stomping from the boys’ feet and the piupiu swishing. I could not understand the Maori language that I could hear nearly everywhere I went. Poor babies were crying because they missed out on their feed.

I smelt the warm firey smoke cooking the traditional hangi. The fresh air blew my hair away, which really opened up my nose to sniff the medicine plant, harakeke.

At the end of the day I made some new friends and we had a powhiri. The girls and the boys that have been practising and really blew the roof off! It gave me goosebumps. I felt like a part of this village. I would love to come back for my next mission.

No comments:

Post a Comment